The Impact Of Rising NCDs On Elderly And Dementia Care In India
The story explores the consequences of the rise of non-communicable diseases (NCDs), notably dementia, in India. The country massively lacks affordable health-care facilities for those patients.
- €14,420 Budget in Euros
- 2017-12-31 Final release date
- 2 Round winner
- 1 Location
- 6 Durations in months
This article series describes the rise of chronic diseases in India as an effect of the increased number of elder people. The story explores the consequences of the rise of non-communicable diseases (NCDs), notably dementia, in a country that massively lacks affordable health-care facilities for those patients while traditional family structures are often dissolving. With the help of the German government organisation GIZ, India has established a health insurance for the poor which might also cover NCD care in the future. Could this become a model for other countries?
Click on any photo to view the image gallery lightbox at fullscreen.
- "Indien: Nur wenige können in Würde altern"
- "Im Einsatz für Indiens Kranke und Arme"
- "Wenn du alt bist, sollst du sterben"
- "Ein Haus in Indien für alte Frauen"
BMJ (British Medical Journal)
- "The forgotten ones: the misery for millions growing old in India"
G+G - Gesundheit und Gesellschaft
- "Indiens vergessene Alte"